How to get free visa in Belarus
According to the Presidential Decree “On establishment of visa-free entry and exit of foreign nationals”, foreign citizens of 80 countries* can entry Belarus for up to 5 days
from the territory of Belarus only through the State border checkpoint of the Republic of Belarus “Minsk National Airport”.
The given order of visa-free movement through the airport does not extend to persons coming to Belarus by plane from the Russian Federation, as well as to those who intend to fly to the airports of the Russian Federation (such flights are considered as internal ones and do not have border control).
The Decree also does not apply to foreigners paying official visits. Diplomatic, official, special and other passports equal to them are not covered by the above Decree.
To enter the Republic of Belarus in the visa-free regime via the checkpoint “Minsk National Airport”, foreign nationals must have the following documents:
- a valid passport or another substituting document for traveling abroad;
- financial means: at least 25 Euro (or equal amount in dollars or Belarusian rubles) for each day of stay;
- medical insurance with coverage for at least 10,000 Euros that covers the territory of Belarus.
For citizens of Vietnam, Haiti, Gambia, Honduras, India, China, Lebanon, Namibia, Samoa a valid multiple visa of the EU member states or Schengen zone with a mark in passport on crossing the border of these states and tickets with confirmation of departure from “Minsk National Airport” within 5 days from the date of entry is a compulsory additional requirement.
Minsk Half Marathon gets together runners from all over the world! If you are a participant of Minsk Half Marathon, you can get a free visa in Belarus.
Documents for embassy_eng.docx
For that please make following steps:
- Register for Minsk Half Marathon and pay the registration fee.
- Fill out an application form and send it to email@example.com. Deadline is August 14th. All applications submitted after the deadline will be disregarded. All applications submitted with unpaid registrations fees will be disregarded as well.
- Between August 15th and August 20th you will receive a letter confirming your application with your local Embassy of Belarus.
- Submit all documents, required for a visa, to your local Embassy of Belarus. Full list of documents may be found here: mfa.gov.by.
- Make an appointment at the Embassy of Belarus in your country (embassies.mfa.gov.by).
- Get a visa and become a participant of Minsk Half Marathon! Welcome to Belarus!
More info about documents you need: mfa.gov.by